- Pumpkin Pie from Brixology Crafted Cocktails. Craving a festive taste of the holiday season? Then everyone’s favorite pie mixed into the yummiest cocktail will have you wanting seconds, thirds, and maybe even fourths!
- The Professional from 51Fifteen. Stoli Vodka and blue cheese olives? You had us at hello. Have it dry, strong, straight up, shaken, stirred… whatever you fancy! James Bond will be proud.
- Tiny Bubbles from Caracol Mexican Coastal Kitchen. This sparkling wine cocktail has ginger liqueur with guava and pomegranate. Your taste buds will be having the ultimate party, and you’ll be joining that party in no time with just a few refreshing sips.
- A Margarita from Vibe Sports Bar Lounge. A tried-and-true favorite, but the key here is to get it in bulk: $20 for a pitcher every Tuesday. Perfect to wash down those 50-cent hot wings!
- Arnold Palmer Texas Tea from Marquis II. A Texas classic, a Southern favorite, just like Grandma used to make… However you slice it (or pour it, as it were), this favorite is the perfect reminder you’re not on Long Island anymore. You’ve never had tea this hard, twisted, and delicious!
Tea party. 👌 A post shared by Sara K. Gilmore (@sarakgilmore) on
Crepee🍫🍌 #lonjasfelices #foodporn A post shared by Lonjasfelices (@lonjasfelices) on
But first, tea! #teaforme #afternoontea A post shared by Jeniifer Harrold (@jenniqueso) on
Good morning! 🌞☕ #minuticoffee #october #riseandshine #coffee #weekend #houstontx #foodie #foodporn #nomnom #cappuccino #latte #wakeup #trending A post shared by D A N I E L • F E R R É (@dferre.htx) on
- Know the games and times. Obviously, this is the most important one – you don’t want to miss a game. We’ve got full confidence in the Astros’ ability to bring it home, but we’re still expecting a close match-up with the LA Dodgers, with all seven games being played. How about you?
- Looking for tickets? You may have to shell out for some expensive ones, but it’s not an impossible situation. Check online for a source that is verified… and if all else fails, we think that at home at Alta City West isn’t too bad of a place to cozy up and watch the game.
- Traffic may be gnarly, especially around the stadium on game days… plan a route accordingly to avoid the Minute Maid Park craziness if you want to get home at a reasonable hour. Or maybe that’s an even better excuse to stay in?
- Have fun celebrating. Let’s be honest, celebrations can get pretty rowdy, so be sure to prioritize a fun and respectable time for everyone. If you need a designated driver or Uber or Lyft, don’t be afraid to call one – and be inclusive and friendly as we all celebrate the wins together as a close, friendly community!
Houston Texans Cookie Logo #customdecoratedcookies #decoratedcookies #customdecoratedcookies #houstontexanslogo #logocookies #icedcookies #texastheme #sanantoniocookies #houstontexans #houstontexansfan #fancookies A post shared by Cookie Art by Jill (@cookieartbyjill) onI’m bout that H, town coming coming down. Go Texans 🤘🏼 A post shared by Madison Brooke (@madisonbrookeb) onHumpday half kiss! A post shared by Talented Lily (@talented.lily) onHumpday half kiss! A post shared by Talented Lily (@talented.lily) on
Fall is in the air, pumpkin spice lattes are in hands everywhere, and the smell of apple cider and hot chocolate makes taste buds water (well, at least ours do)! This October, there’s so much to do around Houston to celebrate fall, so we didn’t want to let another week go by without highlighting some fun activities to do and ways to partake.
For this week’s blog, we’re giving you a few can’t-miss opportunities to show your fall pride. Let us know which of these are your favorite… or if we’ve missed any, of course!
- Enjoy the pumpkin patch at Blessington Farms, where you can pick your own pumpkins in true harvest style, and also enjoy the Farm Funland with friends and family. There’s nothing quite like a fall tradition like a corn maze, not to mention some delicious fall flavors that you can buy fresh and local. Dewberry Farm nearby also has some fantastic (and delicious) homegrown options.
- Hit the Haunted Trails for a spooky good time right here in Houston, where you can explore a haunted house, work your way through an eerie hayride, and explore the history and lore behind some of Houston’s spookiest secrets.
- Make some autumn decor, and take some fall pictures for a photo shoot. Whether you’re dressing your place up for the season, or you’re getting yourself decked out in costume for Halloween, fall is the perfect time for some new photos – get your groove on and spice it up in (fall) style.
- The Annual Fall Fest weekend takes place on October 22nd this year – don’t miss out on fun celebrations, attractions, and local favorites for all ages. It’s a Houston tradition, and one you won’t want to miss out on!
Whether this is your first time celebrating the harvest season in Texas, or you are used to autumn festivities year after year, you don’t want to miss out on the fun. Join in, and share with us how you’re celebrating the fall. We at Alta City West want to hear all about it… we may even feature you on our social media. Happy fall-ing!
- Leave early to beat traffic. Heading into downtown isn’t too bad, but if it’s the wrong time of day, you’ll be in a jam much longer than you’d like.
- Carpool or Uber to save on parking. We all know that prices get hiked around the stadium when a game or event is going on. Avoid the Minute Maid Park fees by thinking economically. Plus, if you’ve got a designated driver, that means at least an extra beer or two on the menu!
- Explore the surrounding area. Heading into downtown Houston early? We are big fans of Jackson Street Barbecue (right across the street from the stadium) for dinner. Nothing like Texas BBQ!
- Go on a Houston Astros fan appreciation night! What better way to celebrate our team, not to mention show your team spirit, than getting a free pennant or hat or bobblehead or another souvenir? More incentive to come back!
- Stock up on snacks and drinks before the 7th inning stretch. This may seem like common sense, but avoid the heaviest crowds at this time by stocking up on the essentials an inning or two earlier. You’ll be glad you did!
- Grab a late-night treat at Tout Suite, just steps away from the Park. Macarons, cupcakes, and other delicious baked goods await. Plus, they’ll give you that sweet sugar-fuel for your ride home after the game!
Come check out our new Brunch items. Pictured here : our Texas Tots Scrambler and our Sausage Croissant Slidders. 👌🏻👌🏻 #brunch #brunchinhouston #htx #downtownhouston Brunch every Saturday & Sunday 11 – 5pm A post shared by BovineandBarley (@bovineandbarley) on
Do yourself a solid and brunch over here @cedarcreekcafe! Crab Cake Benedict & Our Famous Frozen Mimosa! #becauseweloveyou #cedarcreekcafe #thecreekgroup #brunchinhouston #houstoneats A post shared by Cedar Creek (@cedarcreekcafe) on
Do Sunday Funday right and “Brunch With A Purpose” at Maggiano’s Little Italy®! From June 1 to August 2, Maggiano’s Little Italy® guests can choose any item from the brunch menu and $1 will be donated to Make-A-Wish®. 🎈 For the past fourteen years, Make-A-Wish® has raised more than $7 million and granted more than 900 wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions. This year is special because with the help of their Teammates and Guests, Make-A-Wish® will raise another $1 million and grant their 1,000th wish! 🎈 To learn more, visit http://www.maggianos.com/make-a-wish-campaign-2017. #eatadish4maw #maggianoslittleitaly #maggbrunch #makeawish #sundayfunday #brunchwithapurpose #brunchinhouston #lemonricottapancakes #brunch
📷: Mexican skillet 🍳The coffee and pastries are good but the food and service could be better. My order came out wrong not once but twice and the food was extremely greasy (there was a pool of oil underneath all this) and the staff was very unapologetic..that’s ok. Also, I will always be honest in my recommendations. Overall 2/5 for me. • • • #breakfast #brunch #skillet #mexicanskillet #scrambledeggs #eggs #houston #htx #cypress #cypresseats #foodies #foodiesofhouston A post shared by Houston Brunch Spots (@houstonbrunchspots) on
Grilled Chicken Pesto Pita – Grilled chicken pita served openface with grilled onions, tomatoes, romaine and our housemade pesto ranch. . . . #lunchbrunch #houston #houstonbrunch #pita #pesto #grilledchicken #sweetpotato #lunch #lettucewraps #avocadolove #frenchtoast #houstoneats #coffee #latte #beignets #mimosa #tamale #htxeats #htx #brunch #houstonFood #eggs #houstoneats #croissant #htxfood #beignets #brunch #coffee #latte #chickenandwaffles #mimosa #houstonfoodie #tomatoes #foodie #sweetpotatofries A post shared by Houston Brunch (@houstonbrunch) on
Nothing like a quick brunch after working the night shift #nurse #nurselife #nightshift ENJOY your Saturday brunch fam! . . #jupiter #waffles #fruit #blueberrybagel #classicbreakfast #sausage #eggs #bagels #creamcheese #lunch #lunchbrunch #avocadotoast #frenchtoast #houstoneats #coffee #latte #houstonbrunch #mimosa #htxeats #htx #brunch #houstonFood #eggs #houstoneats #croissant #htxfood #houston #coffee #latte #chickenandwaffles #houstonfoodie
Stuffed French Toast | strawberry cream cheese stuffed, coconut crusted & cinnamon crème 🍓 @bbbutchers #bbbutchers #brunch #frenchtoast #patio #houston #houstonbrunch #houstontxfood A post shared by Houston Texas Foodie (@houstontxfood) on
“Eggs on eggs on eggs 🍳 👌💯” . . — 📷@em_.lypan 📍@aliceblue_hou . . . . . . . #topcitybites #tophoustonrestaurants #houstonfoodie #houstonbrunch #houstoneats #houstonfoodblogger #foodblogger #foodporn #foodography #foodgram #instaeat #instafood #sundaybrunch #eggbenedict #omelette #scrambledeggs #potatopancakes #yummm #houstoneats #foodiegram #feedfeed #instafood