Labor Day weekend will quickly be upon us – and who doesn’t love a long weekend to relax and get away for a little while? Of course, by “getaway,” we mean a stay-cation right here in our wonderful city of Houston. After all, there’s plenty to do for the long weekend, and we at Alta City West are happy to share some of our favorite thoughts for the long weekend.
This week’s blog features just a few of our favorite upcoming things to celebrate at the end of this month. Take a look at the list, and see if we missed any.
- A dinner cruise. If you’re staying local, there are a few different local parties taking place on the coast that are perfect for two (or more). Take a date, bring a few friends, or get the family together. A day out on the water is perfect relaxation for a long weekend!
- Attend a party. Have you checked Eventbrite’s website? There are lots of events that will be happening around the Houston area that will guarantee a Labor Day weekend spent in style. Just be sure to plan ahead for a designated driver or the Lyft/Uber apps!
- Houston Restaurant Weeks is going on around the city. This is the perfect time to eat at that restaurant you’ve been dying to try, and you’ll be able to do so at a fraction of the price. Just be sure to make a reservation, since it may get crowded.
- A concert, a baseball game, a community event? There are lots going on, at Minute Maid Park, Houston Symphony, Discovery Green, and beyond. Check the website calendars for your favorite venue, and be sure to get tickets in advance.
- BrewMasters Craft Beer Festival is happening over Labor Day weekend. If you haven’t been to Moody Gardens, now’s the perfect time to head over and enjoy your favorite local craft brew or two. Bottoms up!
- Traders Village is hosting a Rock & Pop Tribute Festival over the long weekend… it’s the perfect time to enjoy some classic tunes from your favorite cover band (and enjoy some delicious food and drinks while you’re at it).
Did we miss an event or idea for the long weekend? Perhaps you’re leaving the city for a little getaway? Whatever you’re doing for Labor Day, enjoy the days off, plan to relax, have an adventure, and have fun with people you love. Share your Labor Day plans with us, and we may feature them on our social media pages, too – cheers!